Monday, September 20, 2010

Learning Environment?

I recently sat in on Swahili lessons in Class 4 ( 4th Grade) in the main Missions of Hope school. This photo shows 3 pieces of wood, very thin and not tall enough to touch the ceiling, which are the only things dividing classrooms from one another. It was almost impossible for me to concentrate on the lesson, with the voice of the Swahili teacher competing with the teachers and students standing just feet away in the other classrooms. Concrete walls would provide a more quiet environment for the pupils to learn in, but such things are not always possible in Kenya.

2 comments:

  1. Julie--Before I write a long note to you...let me see if this is posting. I've had trouble twice...and have been successful once in commenting. Let me try now again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babe--This is mom. I cannot comment unless I use bigmanfan (which is Dad's account). So...here I am. I loooove all of your blogs. They are so thought provoking. I have a couple of friends at Butler who would like to send a "care package" to the people you're working with. Would you please pray about it and tell us a good idea? I think it could be something substantial. We might be able to get others to donate. I have no idea what it could be. I need some ideas. If this is not a good idea...that's okay too...just let me know. I love you babe. Mom
    P.S. Would you like us to send you your absentee ballot? We have it. Just let us know. What's your address? :)

    ReplyDelete